Sustainable Solutions for Cleaner Water
From unsightly stains to corroded pipes, limescale buildup is one of the most obvious signs of hard water. In addition, the undissolved minerals can damage your pipes and water-using appliances over time, leading to costly repairs and replacements.
A water softening system is a simple solution to tackling hard water problems. That said, your city may prohibit the use of these systems due to salt or brine limitations. As such, Culligan Water offers several other eco-friendly alternatives to help solve your water softening needs. Culligan Water’s Salt-Free Conditioner works with the Whole House Carbon Pre-Filter to help prevent unwanted limescale buildup around your home’s fixtures and appliances. Meanwhile, Culligan Water’s Portable Exchange Service offers regularly scheduled water softener tank delivery right to your door for easy access to fresher water when you need it most. Both options provide cleaner water throughout your home with an environmentally friendly solution.
What is a Salt-Free Water Conditioner and What Does It Offer?
Hard water can cost you both time and money as you clean limescale buildup around your home. Likewise, it may cause water-using appliances and pipes to corrode faster, which may require unnecessary repairs and replacements.
Similar to soft water systems, Culligan’s Salt-Free Water Conditioner can help reduce limescale buildup in your kitchen and bathroom. However, it does not remove the minerals found in hard water. Instead, it uses anti-scaling resin to alter the chemical structure of minerals like magnesium and calcium. This can make it easier to clean buildup from shower drains and sink faucets. You can pair the conditioner with a pre-carbon filter that also helps to reduce foul odors and tastes associated with chlorine, so you’re left with water that feels, tastes and smells better.
Culligan Water’s Salt-Free Conditioner is an affordable alternative to water softeners and can benefit you and your home in a number of ways, including:
- Improving the feel of your water. Salt-free conditioning reduces the sticky or chalky residue left behind from your water.
- Reducing time spent cleaning your bathroom and kitchen.
- Cutting costs on cleaning supplies.
- Extending the lifespan of your plumbing.
- Helping maintain the efficiency of your water-using appliances.
- Reducing unsightly stains on bathroom and kitchen fixtures caused by limescale buildup.
- Decreasing your carbon footprint. Water conditioning wastes zero water and does not require electricity, which also means you’ll save on your utility bills.
- Saving money on repairs to your plumbing or replacing fixtures and water-using appliances.
Owning a home is a significant investment – don’t let the effects of hard water increase the amount of time, money and energy spent maintaining it. By installing a Salt-Free Conditioner, you can help protect your home and allow you and your guests to enjoy the benefits of conditioned water.
What are the Benefits of the Portable Water Softener Exchange Service?
Living in a seasonal home or brine-restricted area doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy quality water. With Culligan Water’s Portable Exchange Service, enjoy regularly scheduled water softener tank delivery right to your front door. Your Culligan Water Expert will handle installation and maintenance to provide ultimate convenience. Since it doesn’t use electricity to function, you can even save on utility costs. Other benefits of this service include:
- Providing an alternative to water softening systems in brine-restricted areas
- Delivering softer water wherever and whenever you need it most
- Offering a space-saving design to free up more room in your home
- Requiring little to no change to your plumbing
- Cutting utility costs
- Conserving water in areas with usage restrictions
- Eliminating installation and maintenance needs, as these are handled by your Culligan Water Expert
- Complying with salt and brine restrictions
Choose the Best Softening Solution for your Situation
Every household deserves softer, better-tasting water. Whether you want to install a Salt-Free Conditioner or sign up for our Portable Exchange Service, both options offer a cost-effective, environmentally friendly solution for providing your household with conditioned water.
Find A Location Near Me
Schedule Your Free
In-Home Water Test
Get better water in your home by scheduling an appointment with your local Culligan Water Expert.
See All Articles
5 Ways to Make the Most of Your Smart HE Water Softener
Get even more value from your smart softener with these five tips (hint: it starts with the app).
6 min read