Get Started with a  Free Water Consultation
  • Common Water Issues in Seattle

    Solutions For Your Water Quality Problems

    Seattle sources its drinking water from two large regional watersheds – the Cedar and Tolt. Roughly 70% of the city’s drinking water comes from the Cedar River Watershed while the Tolt River Watershed supplies the other 30%. The water is treated at either the Cedar Water Treatment Facility or the Tolt Water Treatment Facility before being distributed throughout the city to homes and businesses in the Seattle metro area.

    Lime or White Scale Buildup

    Limescale is the hard, off-white deposit that creates buildup on many household items as a result of using hard water around the house. Some examples of this include:
    • Pesky sediment and scum buildup on bathroom and kitchen appliances
    • Underperforming appliances that result in added household costs
    • Off-white buildup that causes faucets and showerheads to clog
    • Difficult-to-clean surfaces

    Soap Scum and Sediment

    As a result of hard water, soap scum can make even simple cleaning projects a pain. Evidence of soap scum around the house includes::
    • Buildup on household appliances and faucets
    • Cloudy dishes and glassware
    • Uncomfortable film on skin and hair

    Spots on Glasses

    Whether you wash your dishes by hand at the tap or you let your dishwasher do the work for you, dishes that are washed and rinsed with hard water can appear spotty and streaky after water dries