1-844-355-5575
1-844-355-5575
1-844-355-5575
1-877-216-6914
United States

Common Water Issues in Columbus

Solutions For Your Water Quality Problems

Columbus' main source of municipal water is supplied from three reservoirs, which provide over 90% of the 140 million gallons that Columbus uses daily. The remaining 10% comes from wells in southern Franklin County. Because both industrial facilities and farmland are plentiful in the Columbus area, water has a higher risk of coming into contact with runoff and contaminants. As a result, chemicals are added during the treatment process as a disinfectant before it is dispersed to homes and businesses around Columbus.

Poor-Quality, Hard Water

The water in Columbus is hard, which means it contains a significant amount of mineral elements. This can cause a number of problems around the home, including:

  • Buildup in pipes and water heaters
  • Stiff, scratchy laundry
  • Dry, itchy skin
  • Dull, limp hair

Lime Buildup or White Scale

The same minerals that make Columbus' water hard can also cause a buildup of limescale to form on bathroom and kitchen surfaces. Limescale is both unsightly and tough to clean, and can result in:

  • Rings around sinks and tubs
  • Underperforming appliances
  • Stubborn residue on surfaces
  • Buildup on pots and pans

Stains or Colored Water

Discolored water is often caused by organic materials in the water supply or exposure to old, rusty plumbing. While colored water is typically no cause for concern, it can be responsible for stained laundry, and discolored sinks and tubs.

Your Columbus Culligan Water Expert is an expert on your water, can test it to determine any problems, and provide the best way to address them.

Tips From the Culligan Water Expert

Soaking dirty pots and pans with a grease-cutting soap rather than rinsing them under the tap can help save water.

Did You Know

After large rainstorms, municipal water treatment centers often add more chlorine to water supplies.

 

Culligan Satisfaction Guarantee

If you are dissatisfied with your Culligan product for any reason within 30 days of your purchase, Culligan will remove the product and refund the purchase price.

 
Global text/links:
Zip/postal code text: Enter your postal code
Find button text: Find My Culligan Expert
Dealer locator link: Dealer Results
Contact button text: Contact Us Today
Search field text: Search Culligan
Search button text: GO
Search results link: /ca/search-results
Home/Office/General Contact Form Side Panel:

Contact your local water expert

Your local Culligan Water Expert
can make an expert
recommendation about
which product is right for you.

Find a
Culligan Water Expert near you.

Commercial/Industrial Contact Form Side Panel:

Contact Culligan

Schedule a free consultation today.

Our commercial water treatment professionals are ready to hear from you.

Contact Culligan

Home/General Side Panel:

Need your

water tested?

Schedule a FREE
In-Home Water Test for
Your Specific Solution.

We'll find a
Culligan Water Expert near you.

1-844-355-5575

Contact Culligan

Office Side Panel:

Contact your local water expert

Your local Culligan Water Expert can recommend the right solutions for your office.

1-844-355-5575

Contact Culligan

Commercial Side Panel:

Schedule a free consultation

Our commercial water treatment professionals are ready to hear from you.

1-844-355-5575

Contact Culligan

Industrial Side Panel:

Scheule a free consultation

Our industrial water treatment professionals are ready to hear from you.

1-877-216-6914

Contact Culligan