United States

Common Water Issues in Colorado Springs

Solutions For Your Water Quality Problems

Although Colorado Springs is known for its striking views of the Rockies, it is not known for its abundance of water, as it is technically in the dry, high desert region of Colorado. Nearly 75% of the water that Colorado Springs uses comes from mountain springs from the Aspen, Leadville, and Breckenridge areas many miles away. The other 25% comes from collected surface water and groundwater. Pipes and streams carry the water to one of two large reservoirs — the Rampart and Catamount. From there, the water continues on to one of two water filtration facilities that treat the water before dispersing it to the residents of Colorado Springs.

Poor-Quality, Hard Water

As dissolved iron and other hard minerals are added to the water during the filtration process, it hardens and decreases in quality. Some signs of hard water include:

  • Buildup on household appliances and faucets
  • Cloudy dishes and glassware
  • Hard-to-clean residue on dishes, sinks, and tubs
  • Stiff, scratchy laundry
  • Prematurely aged clothing and linens that are rough to the touch

Limescale Buildup

Limescale or white scale buildup is a result of the calcium and other minerals present in hard water. Unattractive and difficult to clean, limescale is often responsible for:

  • Malfunctioning heating and cooling appliances due to buildup
  • Chalky deposits found on kettles, pots, and pans
  • Clogged faucets and showerheads
  • Streaky, spotty dishes and glassware

Dry, Itchy Skin

One of hard water's most irritating results is dry, itchy skin and dull, lifeless hair. Hair and skin are greatly affected by water quality, and using hard water in the shower can lead to:

  • Dandruff and itchy scalp
  • Dry, irritated, flakey skin
  • Premature aging due to dryness of skin

Tips From the Culligan Water Expert

Hard-to-remove limescale and hard water residue can be treated with a white vinegar solution.

Did You Know

In 1909, Dr. Frederick McKay of Colorado Springs made the discovery that a little fluoride added to drinking water could help prevent cavities.


Culligan Satisfaction Guarantee

If you are dissatisfied with your Culligan product for any reason within 30 days of your purchase, Culligan will remove the product and refund the purchase price.

Global text/links:
Zip/postal code text: Enter your postal code
Find button text: Find My Culligan Expert
Dealer locator link: Dealer Results
Contact button text: Contact Us Today
Search field text: Search Culligan
Search button text: GO
Search results link: /ca/search-results
Home/Office/General Contact Form Side Panel:

Contact your local water expert

Your local Culligan Water Expert
can make an expert
recommendation about
which product is right for you.

Find a
Culligan Water Expert near you.

Commercial/Industrial Contact Form Side Panel:

Contact Culligan

Schedule a free consultation today.

Our commercial water treatment professionals are ready to hear from you.

Contact Culligan

Home/General Side Panel:

Need your

water tested?

Schedule a FREE
In-Home Water Test for
Your Specific Solution.

We'll find a
Culligan Water Expert near you.


Contact Culligan

Office Side Panel:

Contact your local water expert

Your local Culligan Water Expert can recommend the right solutions for your office.


Contact Culligan

Commercial Side Panel:

Schedule a free consultation

Our commercial water treatment professionals are ready to hear from you.


Contact Culligan

Industrial Side Panel:

Scheule a free consultation

Our industrial water treatment professionals are ready to hear from you.


Contact Culligan