The excitement of a "fresh start" has just begun, and in the midst of it all is the need for resolutions; whether it's trying something new or bettering something in our lives. One resolution that everyone should strongly consider though is adding more water to their daily routine.
While many are aware of the benefits of water to all aspects of life, there are quite a few specific to one's health and well-being. Here are a few to help you get started:
- Helps You Lose Weight: Replace high calorie beverages with water, decreasing calorie intake
- Adds Shine to Hair: At the end of your shower, rinse hair with cool water to add shine
- Makes You Smarter: Drink enough a day and it will increase oxygen levels to brain, improving cognitive performance
- Reduces Anxiety/Stress: Use a water feature (think tabletop water fountain) on your desk at work to calm your mood
- Improves Sleep: Soak in a hot bath before bedtime to increase relaxation
- Increases Energy/Minimizes Fatigue: Drinking plenty of H20 helps organs function properly and prevents dehydration, giving you more vitality
- Keeps You Young: Keep skin moisturized and reduce wrinkles by drinking at least 8 glasses a day
Water has so many perks, including making YOU a healthier version of yourself. So whether you've decided to learn a new language, exercise more often or perhaps travel more in 2014, adding water into the equation can only benefit you and your livelihood! Drink up!